Subject: [siprec] Last Call: <draft-ietf-siprec-callflows-07.txt> (Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Recording Call Flows) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 06:39:12 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the SIP Recording WG (siprec) to
consider the following document:
- 'Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Recording Call Flows'
  <draft-ietf-siprec-callflows-07.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-11-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Session recording is a critical requirement in many communications
   environments, such as call centers and financial trading
   organizations.  In some of these environments, all calls must be
   recorded for regulatory, compliance, and consumer protection reasons.
   The recording of a session is typically performed by sending a copy
   of a media stream to a recording device.  This document lists call
   flows with metadata snapshots sent from a Session Recording
   Client(SRC) to a Session Recording Server(SRS).

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-siprec-callflows/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-siprec-callflows/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.