Subject: Re: [Slim] draft meeting notes IETF 95

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 15:18:58 -0700

At 8:53 PM +0000 4/7/16, Keith (Nokia - GB) Drage wrote:

>  I find it unacceptable that a document editor is allowed to make 
> statements like: " Declined to make changes that made the proposal 
> more complex. Would really like to not add things." without further 
> clarification (and yes, this is what he said because I was 
> listening remotely).

I apologize for being terse.  What I meant was that I declined to 
unilaterally add complexity based on a single request.  Of course if 
we have WG consensus to make changes, I will do so (and would expect 
to be removed as document editor if I failed to do so).

Keith, we've worked together in the IETF for many, many years.  I'm 
surprised that you would think I meant what you wrote.

>  This is a working group document. The editor needs to reflect to 
> will of the working group. If things are not agreed, then it needs 
> to be resolved on the list, not by declaration of non-acceptance by 
> the document editor.

This is exactly the point Brian raised: we need to determine if we 
have rough consensus to keep the mechanism simple or not.

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
Never call a man a fool.  Borrow from him.