Subject: Compressed Data Content Type for S/MIME

From: Maxim Masiutin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 15:21:25 +0300

Hello Peter!

  There is "PasswordRecipientInfo" defined in "Appendix A: ASN.1
  Module" of ietf-smime-compression-00.txt

  There are no references to PasswordRecipientInfo. How should we
  handle it?

-- 
Max Masyutin,
Software Engineer
RIT Research Labs  http://www.ritlabs.com/

---

From: [email-masked] (Peter Gutmann)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 03:56:15 (NZST)

Maxim Masiutin <[email-masked]> writes:

>There is "PasswordRecipientInfo" defined in "Appendix A: ASN.1 Module" of 
>ietf-smime-compression-00.txt
>
>There are no references to PasswordRecipientInfo. How should we handle it?

By replacing it with "CompressedDataContent" :-).  I copied the OID across
from another draft and the text came with it.  Also it's listed as (n+1) 
(equivalent to the '?' or 'TBA' from other CMS drafts) where n currently 
appears to be 6 (id-mod-ets-eSignature-97), does anyone have any objections 
to id-mod-compression being 7?  In addition it looks like the listed value 
for id-ct-compressedData has been overtaken by newer drafts, since the 
highest one listed is id-ct-contentInfo(6) are there any problems with 
id-ct-compressedData being 7 as well?

(Before anyone points this out, I need to update the [CMS] reference as well,
 I know... draft-00 goes back awhile).

Peter.