Subject: Last Call: Compressed Data Content Type for S/MIME to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 12:01:39 -0500

The IESG has received a request from the S/MIME Mail Security Working
Group to consider Compressed Data Content Type for S/MIME
<draft-ietf-smime-compression-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by January 22, 2001.

Files can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-compression-03.txt

---

From: "Jim Schaad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 02:02:19 -0800

I have one minor comment.

To be consistant with all of the other drafts coming out with
SMimeCapability values, I would like to see the following text added to the
end of Section 2.

The SMIMECapability SEQUENCE representing the ability to process compressed
content MUST be DER-encoded as the following hexadecimal string:
       30 0D 06 0B 2A 86 48 86 F7 0D 01 09 10 01 09.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of The IESG
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2001 9:02 AM
To: IETF-Announce:
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Last Call: Compressed Data Content Type for S/MIME to Proposed
Standard