Subject: RFC 3278 on Use of ECC Algorithms in CMS

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 16:58:06 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3278

        Title:	    Use of Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC)
                    Algorithms in Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
        Author(s):  S. Blake-Wilson, D. Brown, P. Lambert
        Status:	    Informational
	Date:       April 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked] 
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 33779
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-smime-ecc-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3278.txt

This document describes how to use Elliptic Curve Cryptography
(ECC) public-key algorithms in the Cryptographic Message Syntax
(CMS).  The ECC algorithms support the creation of digital
signatures and the exchange of keys to encrypt or authenticate
content.  The definition of the algorithm processing is based on
the ANSI X9.62 standard, developed by the ANSI X9F1 working group,
the IEEE 1363 standard, and the SEC 1 standard.

The readers attention is called to the Intellectual Property Rights
section at the end of this document.

This document is a product of the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group
of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.