Subject: Re: Draft Minutes

From: Peter Gutmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 16:42:36 +1300 (NZDT)

[Apologies if you've seen this before, one of our machines has been quietly
 dropping outgoing mail...]

"Jim Schaad" <[email-masked]> writes:

>There was a discussion dealing with two issues found during interoperability
>testing.  The first dealt with the fact that so far no implementations are
>known that deal gracefully with unknown RecipientInfo and SignerInfo
>structures.

What's the definition of "deal gracefully"?  When this was discussed quite
some time ago, I modified my code to ignore new structures that it didn't
recognise, and I thought there were indications from others that they would be
doing the same.  Is that sufficient?

Peter.

---

From: "Jim Schaad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 20:01:30 -0800

Peter,

Yes, I would consider that to be sufficent.  I have not read your code
dealing with this issue.  Many of the versions I know about do a full
decode of the structure and would fail decode if new structures were
added.

jim

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Peter Gutmann [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Sunday, December 08, 2002 7:43 PM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: Draft Minutes
> 
>