Subject: SMIME WG Summary

From: "Sean P. Turner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:21:41 +0200

All,

Here is a short summary of the agenda topics discussed at the meeting in
Austria:

* MSGbis fixed some nits believe it is ready for security ADs and IETF-wide
last call

* CERTbis text needs to be added for acknowledgements but after that it's
ready for security ADs and IETF-wide last call

* Examples added 11 new cases all need to be verified

* X400Trans and X400Wrap had minor comments from IESG, which have all been
addressed

* Interoperability Matrix is completed but final report needs to be written

* RSA PSS and CMS going to WG LC as soon as next version is produced

* RSA KEM has 3 remaining issues but then ready for WG LC

* ESSbis separating MLExpansiionHistory in to ReceiptBehavior and MLLoopDetection
is proving more difficult than expected

* GOST algorithm for CMS will be published under WG

* Peter Sylvester gave a presentation on OpenEvidence

* Tim Polk gave pointers to NIST's Online SMIME tester

I hope to have meeting minutes out by next week some time.

spt