Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-smime-escertid-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 10:50:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: ESS Update: Adding CertID Algorithm Agility
	Author(s)	: J. Schaad
	Filename	: draft-ietf-smime-escertid-04.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2007-1-17
	
In the original Enhanced Security Services for S/MIME document (RFC
   2634), a structure for cryptographically linking the certificate to
   be used in validation with the signature was introduced, this
   structure was hardwired to use SHA-1.  This document allows for the
   structure to have algorithm agility and defines a new attribute for
   this purpose.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-escertid-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-smime-escertid-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-escertid-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.