Subject: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-smime-sha2-01

From: Blake Ramsdell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 15:25:27 -0800

This message initiates an SMIME Working Group Last Call on the document:

 Title     : Using SHA2 Algorithms with Cryptographic Message Syntax
 Author(s) : S. Turner
 Filename  : draft-ietf-smime-sha2-01.txt
 Pages     : 10
 Date      : 2007-7-25

This document describes the conventions for using the message digest
algorithms SHA-224, as defined in [RFC3874], and SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512,
as defined in [SHA2], with the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) [RFC3852].
It also describes the conventions for using these algorithms with CMS and
the DSA, RSA, and ECDSA signature algorithms. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-sha2-01.txt

The purpose of this WG Last Call is to ensure that the Working Group has
achieved consensus that the document is suitable for publication as a
Standards Track RFC.

Please review the document for both technical and editorial problems.
Technical issues should be discussed on this list. Editorial issues may be
sent to the document editor.

The Last Call period will end on 9 Janurary 2008.

Upon completion of the last call, the WG chairs will take action based upon
the consensus of the WG. Possible actions include:

    1) recommending to the IETF Security Area Directors
       that the document, after possible editorial or
       other minor changes, be considered by the IESG
       for publication as an Informational RFC
       (which generally involves an IETF-wide Last Call); or

    2) requiring that outstanding issues be adequately
       addressed prior to further action (including,
       possibly, another WG Last Call).

Remember that it is our responsibility as Working Group members to ensure
the quality of our documents and of the Internet Standards process.  So,
please read and comment!

Blake
-- 
Blake Ramsdell | Sendmail, Inc. | http://www.sendmail.com