Subject: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-gennai-smime-cnipa-pec-00.txt

From: "Turner, Sean P." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 16:38:05 -0400

I'd like to draw attention to this ID.  Alba and Francesco described the PEC
(Posta Elettronica Certificata) at IETF 71
(https://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/08mar/slides/smime-4.pdf) and this is the
ID that provides a much more detailed technical description of PEC.  Many at
the meeting indicated they were willing to review - so please do and provide
comments to the authors.

spt 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 6:30 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gennai-smime-cnipa-pec-00.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Certified Electronic Mail
	Author(s)	: F. Gennai, A. Shahin, C. Petrucci, A. Vinciarelli
	Filename	: draft-gennai-smime-cnipa-pec-00.txt
	Pages		: 62
	Date		: 2008-6-30
	
Since 1997, the Italian Laws have recognized electronic delivery 
   systems as legally usable. After 2 years of technical tests, in 
   2005 the characteristics of an official electronic delivery 
   service, named certified electronic mail (in Italian "Posta 
   Elettronica Certificata") were defined, giving the system legal 
   value.  

   Design of the entire system was carried out by the National 
   Center for Informatics in the Public Administration of Italy 
   (CNIPA), followed by efforts for the implementation and testing 
   of the service. The CNIPA has given the Italian National 
   Research Council (CNR), and in particular The Institute of 
   Information Science and Technologies at the CNR (ISTI), the task 
   to run tests on providers of the service to guarantee the 
   correct implementation and interoperability.This document 
   describes the certified email system adopted in Italy. It 
   represents the system as it is at the moment of writing, 
   following the technical regulations that were written based upon 
   the Italian Law DPR. November 2, 2005. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gennai-smime-cnipa-pec-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Turner, Sean P." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 08:52:32 -0400

Since the S/MIME WG is not meeting in Dublin, the authors of this ID have
indicated to me that they would like to meet with anybody interested in
discussing their ID. Contact either Francesco Gennai
<[email-masked]> or Alba Shahin <[email-masked]>.

spt

>From: [email-masked] 
>[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Turner, Sean P.
>Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 4:38 PM
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-gennai-smime-cnipa-pec-00.txt 
>
>I'd like to draw attention to this ID.  Alba and Francesco 
>described the PEC (Posta Elettronica Certificata) at IETF 71
>(https://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/08mar/slides/smime-4.pdf) 
>and this is the ID that provides a much more detailed 
>technical description of PEC.  Many at the meeting indicated 
>they were willing to review - so please do and provide 
>comments to the authors.
>
>spt 
>
>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line 
>Internet-Drafts directories.
>
>
>Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail 
>reader implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII 
>version of the Internet-Draft.
>