Subject: RE: New modules drafts -- proposed ASN.1 downgrade tutorial

From: Alfred Hönes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 04:15:43 +0100 (MEZ)

Folks,

ASN.1 guru's will regret, but some on the list might be interested in
a few more hints and (firstly) an idea regarding ASN.1.

a)  Help the IETF EDU team prepare a 'New ASN.1' tutorial session
    for IETFers with a working knowledge of the 'Old ASN.1'.
    First opportunity: Sunday afternoon in Stockholm ?

b)  Beyond ...
    the primary X.680/690 series Recommendations available from:
      http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-X/e ,
      http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-X.680-X.693/e ,
    the SG-17 home page:
      http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/studygroups/com17/index.asp , and
    the ASN.1 & OID Project pages:
      http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/asn1/index.html ,
    the ITU-T web site offers ASN.1 delta material:
      http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/studygroups/com17/changing-ASN/index.html
    - Differences
    - Advantages
    - How-to-Change
    + Pointers to books ...

c)  John Larmouth,
    "ASN.1 Complete",
    printed: Morgan Kaufmann / Academic Press, ISBN 0-12233-435-3;
    also downloadable from the web.

d)  Olivier Dubuisson, translated by Philippe Fouquart,
    "ASN.1 - Communications between heterogenous systems",
    printed: Elsevier - Morgan Kaufmann,
             ISBN 0-12-6333361-0  (?? -- literally from below! :-))

e)  OSS Nokalva Inc. hosts lots of web resources including online
    versions of the above books, and offers professional training
    services; start with: http://www.oss.com/asn1/

Kind regards,
  Alfred.

-- 

+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+
| TR-Sys Alfred Hoenes   |  Alfred Hoenes   Dipl.-Math., Dipl.-Phys.  |
| Gerlinger Strasse 12   |  Phone: (+49)7156/9635-0, Fax: -18         |
| D-71254  Ditzingen     |  E-Mail:  [email-masked]                     |
+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+