Subject: Fwd: Invitation to the ETSI 3rd Remote XAdES/CAdES Plugtests

From: "Kenji Urushima" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 11:52:28 +0900

Folks,

Let me apologize for a brief advertisement.

I would like to bring the following interoperability event related
to RFC 5126 CAdES (CMS Advanced Electronic Signature, 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5126) to your attention.

########

Dear Madam,
Dear Sir,

The ETSI Plugtests Service is pleased to invite you to participate in
a new remote XAdES plugtests!

After the success of the first remote plugtest event, ETSI has
continued the development of the supporting Remote Plugtest Portal,
which now offers on-line PKI-related services (Certificates provision,
OCSP server, LDAP and Time-stamp).

The purposes of these new events are:

* To consolidate solutions to already identified interoperability
  issues of CAdES and XAdES.

* To enable participants to assess the level of interoperability of
CAdES.

* To identify additional issues that should be taken into account in
  future XAdES/CAdES standardization activities.

* To improve the quality of XAdES/CAdES specifications.

* To ease the introduction of XAdES/CAdES signatures, by providing the
  means to solve interoperability problems before widespread deployment.

The event will evaluate (X-C)AdES interoperability by focusing on all
the different XAdES forms standardized in ETSI TS 101 903 and ETSI 101
733, including (X-C)AdES-BES, (X-C)AdES-EPES, (X-C)AdES-T,
(X-C)AdES-C, (X-C)AdES-X Type 1, (X-C)AdES-X Type 2, (X-C)AdES-XL and
(X-C)AdES-A.

Participants will also be able to generate new test case definitions
and signatures, which will be taken into consideration for extending
the test cases set according to ETSI's discretion.

The registration deadline for the 3rd event is 6th February 2009. We
recommend you to register as soon as possible. All details about the
events, including all the technical information are available at the
following URL:_

http://www.etsi.org/plugtests/XAdES2/html/XAdES2.htm
http://xades-portal.etsi.org/pub/XAdES2.shtml

Should you need any further information, please feel free to 
contact us at: [email-masked]

The Plugtests Team

-------------------------------

Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this
announcement.

#########

Kenji Urushima ([email-masked])
Entrust Japan Co., Ltd.
http://japan.entrust.com/
ETSI STF-351
http://portal.etsi.org/stfs/STF_HomePages/STF351/STF351.asp