Subject: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-smime-3850bis-09.txt]

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 15:32:35 -0400

This ID incorporates comments necessary to resolve IESG DISCUSSES and 
incorporates key size text from our Area Director.  The changes were in 
some cases significant and as a result I'm asking for a one week comment 
period that will end 22 April 2009 @ 8am EST.

spt

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-smime-3850bis-09.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 09:45:01 -0700 (PDT)
List-Id: <ietf-smime.imc.org>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME) Version 3.2 Certificate Handling
	Author(s)	: S. Turner, B. Ramsdell
	Filename	: draft-ietf-smime-3850bis-09.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2009-4-14
	
This document specifies conventions for X.509 certificate usage by 
   Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME) v3.2 agents.  
   S/MIME provides a method to send and receive secure MIME messages, 
   and certificates are an integral part of S/MIME agent processing.  
   S/MIME agents validate certificates as described in RFC 5280, the 
   Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate and CRL Profile.  
   S/MIME agents must meet the certificate processing requirements in 
   this document as well as those in RFC 5280. This document obsoletes 
   RFC 3850.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-3850bis-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 08:31:05 -0400

To date, I have received no comments on this version of the ID.

spt

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 15:49:10 -0400

I did receive some comments on this draft at the last second:

- SHOULD- on 1024-bit DSA key ought to be SHOULD
- RSA-PSS should be replaced with RSASSA-PSS
- RSASA-PSS in references should be RSASSA-PSS

I think the 1st one is a good suggestion because SHOULD- on a key size 
doesn't seem to make much sense to me especially in the light of DSA 
with SHA-256 being a SHOULD+.

The last two are editorial.

Unless there's strong objections to adopting these changes, I'll post a 
new version of this ID Friday afternoon for Tim to continue processing.

spt

Sean Turner wrote:
>> incorporates key size text from our Area Director.  The changes were 
>> in some cases significant and as a result I'm asking for a one week 
>> comment period that will end 22 April 2009 @ 8am EST.
>>
>> spt
> 
>