Subject: [smime] RFC 5751 on Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME) Version 3.2 Message Specification

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 10:19:11 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5751

        Title:      Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME) 
                    Version 3.2 Message Specification 
        Author:     B. Ramsdell, S. Turner
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      45
        Characters: 98638
        Obsoletes:  RFC3851

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-smime-3851bis-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5751.txt

This document defines Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions
(S/MIME) version 3.2.  S/MIME provides a consistent way to send and
receive secure MIME data.  Digital signatures provide authentication,
message integrity, and non-repudiation with proof of origin.
Encryption provides data confidentiality.  Compression can be used to
reduce data size.  This document obsoletes RFC 3851.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC