Subject: [smime] RFC 5753 on Use of Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) Algorithms in Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 10:19:43 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5753

        Title:      Use of Elliptic Curve Cryptography 
                    (ECC) Algorithms in Cryptographic Message Syntax 
                    (CMS) 
        Author:     S. Turner, D. Brown
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       January 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      61
        Characters: 112095
        Obsoletes:  RFC3278

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-smime-3278bis-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5753.txt

This document describes how to use Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC)
public key algorithms in the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS).  The
ECC algorithms support the creation of digital signatures and the
exchange of keys to encrypt or authenticate content.  The definition
of the algorithm processing is based on the NIST FIPS 186-3 for
digital signature, NIST SP800-56A and SEC1 for key agreement, RFC
3370 and RFC 3565 for key wrap and content encryption, NIST FIPS
180-3 for message digest, SEC1 for key derivation, and RFC 2104 and RFC
4231 for message authentication code standards.  This document
obsoletes RFC 3278.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC