Subject: [smime] Last Call: <draft-leiba-smime-type-registry-01.txt> (Creation of a registry for smime-type parameter values) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 06:44:37 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Creation of a registry for smime-type parameter values'
  <draft-leiba-smime-type-registry-01.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-11-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME) defined the
   Content-Type parameter "smime-type".  As the list of defined values
   for that parameter has increased, it has become clear that a registry
   is needed to document those values.  This document creates that
   registry, registers the current values, and specifies the policies
   for registration of new values.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-leiba-smime-type-registry/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-leiba-smime-type-registry/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.