Subject: [smime] New Version for PKIX Textual (02)

From: Sean Leonard <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 21:30:37 -0700

Greetings S/MIME, PKIX, and SAAG lists:

A revised draft of PKIX text encodings has been published. The changes 
are largely editorial rather than technical. However, the ABNF has been 
beefed up to include stricter and more accurate encoding rules.

Please provide any additional comments before we move it to the next 
phases of publication.

Kind regards,

Sean Leonard

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:     New Version Notification for 
draft-josefsson-pkix-textual-02.txt
Date:     Mon, 21 Oct 2013 15:24:56 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To:     Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>, Sean Leonard
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-josefsson-pkix-textual-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Simon Josefsson and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:     draft-josefsson-pkix-textual
Revision:     02
Title:         Text Encodings of PKIX and CMS Structures
Creation date:     2013-10-22
Group:         Individual Submission
Number of pages: 14
URL:http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-josefsson-pkix-textual-02.txt
Status:http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-josefsson-pkix-textual
Htmlized:http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-josefsson-pkix-textual-02
Diff:http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-josefsson-pkix-textual-02

Abstract:
     This document describes and discuss the text encodings of Public-Key
     Infrastructure using X.509 (PKIX) Certificates, PKIX Certificate
     Revocation Lists (CRLs), PKCS #10 Certification Request Syntax, PKCS
     #7 structures, Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS), PKCS #8 Private-
     Key Information Syntax, and Attribute Certificates.  The text
     encodings are well-known, are implemented by several applications and
     libraries, and are widely deployed.  This document is intended to
     articulate the de-facto rules that existing implementations operate
     by, and to give recommendations that will promote interoperability
     going forward.