Subject: snmpconf ANNOUNCEMENT: WG Last Call on Policy Based Management MIB

From: David Partain <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 13:27:25 +0200

This mail is to announce the beginning of the Working Group
Last Call period on draft-ietf-snmpconf-pm-08.txt. The WG Last
Call period will last until November 2, 2001.

The WG members are strongly urged to review this document as
soon as possible, and express any concerns, or identify any
errors, in e-mail sent to the SNMPCONF WG mailing list.

Unless there are strong objections, published on the SNMPCONF
WG mailing list by November 2, 2001, this document will be
forwarded to the OPS Area Directors for consideration by the
IESG as a Proposed Standard document.

Please send all comments to the WG mailing list at
[email-masked].

Cheers,

David and Jon

---

From: "David T. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 09:48:35 -0700 (PDT)

HI,

Yes, I STRONGLY object NOW.

I read the -05 draft and suggested to the WG, authors, and chair
that it was not ready for review. It had way too many problems
to be worthy of an extensive review. However, the authors and
chair thought it was was fine. Thus, I wrote an extensive review
listing its many problems. There have also been at least two
other reviewers that have found extensive problems. Given this
feedback, it IS NOT APPROPRIATE TO PROCEED with a last call.

The WG chairs need to be replaced if they push this position.

> Please send all comments to the WG mailing list at

Regards,
/david t. perkins

---

From: "David T. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 11:48:07 -0700 (PDT)

HI,

Oops. The message below was meant for the BCP and not the PM.

Sorry.

/david t. perkins