Subject: RE: [Softwires] WG Review: Softwires (softwire)

From: "Durand, Alain" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:21:12 -0400

Tim,
 
The sole purpose of the Vancouver meeting will be to discuss the problem
statement as hopefully posted by Monday. We have a very good set of slides
from this week meeting, and turning them into draft format should be ok.
This is the nice thing about small size interim meetings, you can actually do
productive work on site. (Isn't it what the IETF used to be many years ago?)
 
   - Alain.

________________________________

From: [email-masked] on behalf of Tim Chown
Sent: Thu 10/13/2005 11:16 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Softwires] WG Review: Softwires (softwire)

On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 04:47:26PM +0200, Mark Townsley wrote:
> Pekka Savola wrote:
>
> >while there's plenty of operational and implementation experience of
> >ISP-customer tunnels. Thus, IMHO, it's easiest and safest to just
> >focus on the ISP-customer scenario.
>
> Based on what I saw in Paris this week, I think this would be unfortunate.

Hi MArk,

If we can get a -00 on the table, great.

What I hope is that this -00 and the charter are not so set in stone as
those who were unable to make the Paris meeting cannot still at least
have some input to shape that.

I guess this is why normally such meetings can't be held within 30 days
of IETF cutoff and thus I-D cutoff - I don't envy the task of making a
good stab at a -00 by Monday :)

--
Tim/::1

_______________________________________________
Softwires mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/softwires

_______________________________________________
Softwires mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/softwires

---

From: Mark Townsley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 17:54:43 +0200

>productive work on site. (Isn't it what the IETF used to be many years ago?)
It's not *just* the size, its the amount of time and focus of the group. 
We had more than 10 hours of focused, active, work in a meeting room, 
not to mention dinner and lunch with the same group of folks. IETF 
meetings are too short per-wg and far too hectic for anything near this 
level of attention.

- Mark