Subject: [Softwires] /64 on ppp link (draft-ietf-softwire-hs-framework-l2tpv2-00)

From: Florent Parent <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 16:10:04 -0400

draft-ietf-softwire-hs-framework-l2tpv2-00 mentions:

5.1.1.  IPv6
...
    A single /64 SHOULD be reserved for the PPP link.  That /64 MAY be
    part of the prefix delegated to the SI.

Is this implying that a single /64 is shared between the PPP link and  
some other interface on the SI?

Florent

_______________________________________________
Softwires mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/softwires

---

From: Ole Troan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 06:36:59 +0900

> some other interface on the SI?

I hope not. it seems to indicate that a part of a delegated prefix (as
in DHCP prefix delegation) can be used on the upstream (from the SI
perspective) link. RFC3633 specifically prohibits this model.

I don't understand why the framework document has to include the
provisioning model. this belongs in an BCP, and I believe there are
various drafts in the v6ops wg already describing IPv6 provisioning
models on p2p links.

/ot

---

From: Florent Parent <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 19:38:29 -0400

> various drafts in the v6ops wg already describing IPv6 provisioning

Removing the line would probably make sense.

Florent