Subject: [Softwires] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-softwire-encaps-safi-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 16:15:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: BGP Encapsulation SAFI and BGP Tunnel Encapsulation Attribute
	Author(s)	: P. Mohapatra, E. Rosen
	Filename	: draft-ietf-softwire-encaps-safi-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2008-1-24
	
   In certain situations, transporting a packet from one BGP speaker to
   another, the BGP next hop, requires that the packet be encapsulated
   by the first BGP speaker and decapsulated by the second. To support
   these situations, there needs to be some agreement  between the two
   BGP speakers with regard to the "encapsulation information", i.e.,
   the format of the encapsulation header as well as the contents of
   various fields of the header.

   The encapsulation information need not be signaled for all
   encapsulation types. In the cases where the signaling is required
   (such as L2TPv3, GRE with key), This draft specifies a method by
   which BGP speakers can signal encapsulation information to each
   other. The signaling is done by sending BGP updates using the
   "Encapsulation SAFI" and IPv4 or IPv6 AFI. In the cases where no
   encapsulation information needs to be signaled (such as GRE without
   key), this draft specifies a BGP extended community that can be
   attached to UPDATE messages that carry payload prefixes to indicate
   the encapsulation protocol type to be used.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-softwire-encaps-safi-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-softwire-encaps-safi-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-softwire-encaps-safi-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Softwires mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/softwires