Subject: [Softwires] I-D Action: draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 07:11:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Public IPv4 over Access IPv6 Network
	Author(s)       : Yong Cui
                          Jianping Wu
                          Peng Wu
                          Chris Metz
                          Olivier Vautrin
                          Yiu L. Lee
	Filename        : draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2011-09-08

   This draft proposes a mechanism for bidirectional IPv4 communication
   between IPv4 Internet and end hosts or IPv4 networks sited in IPv6
   access network.  This mechanism follows the softwire hub and spoke
   model and uses IPv4-over-IPv6 tunnel as basic method to traverse IPv6
   network.  By allocating public IPv4 addresses to end hosts/networks
   in IPv6, it can achieve IPv4 end-to-end bidirectional communication
   between these hosts/networks and IPv4 Internet.  This mechanism is an
   IPv4 access method for hosts and IPv4 networks sited in IPv6.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6-00.txt