Subject: [Softwires] [Softwires​] draft-xli-​behave-div​i-pd

From: joy chow <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 19:58:33 +0800

>In the appendix we use v and h represent the IPv4 subnet (hex) and host
index (hex). The length of v is (s), and the length of h is (k) as shwon
in Figure 2.

Could you kindly elaborate that more? How could a specific
IPv4-translatable address be derived? I can't fully follow the
algorithm. It would be great if you could take example, like how
2001:db8:a4a6:4614:c0:a801:140:100 (item#2) could be generated.

Thanks

Joy

---

From: Xing Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 07:46:15 +0800

> 2001:db8:a4a6:4614:c0:a801:140:100 (item#2) could be generated.

The description of 2001:db8:a4a6:4614:c0:a801:140:100 (item#2)

2    192.168.1.1  1  1  2001:db8:a4a6:4614:c0:a801:140:100

2001:db8:a4a6:46   14:                    c0:a801:1     40:1       00
^                  ^                      ^             ^          ^
domain-prefix      cpe-index  u-octet     embed IPv4    suffix     
zero-pading
(56 bits)          (8 bits)   (8 bists)   (32 bits)     (16 bits)  (8 bits)
                    (2+4+2)                              (4+12 bits)

note that
cpe-index= 14,
where 2 bits identify the IPv4 subnet and 4 bits identify the host 
index. there are 2 bits left with zero-padding.

suffix= 40:01,
where 4 bits identify the ratio, 12 bits identify the host index.

regards,

xing

> Thanks
>
> Joy
> _______________________________________________
> Softwires mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/softwires
>
>