Subject: [Softwires] I-D Action: draft-ietf-softwire-map-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 02:12:33 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Mapping of Address and Port with Encapsulation (MAP)
	Author(s)       : Ole Troan
                          Wojciech Dec
                          Xing Li
                          Congxiao Bao
                          Satoru Matsushima
                          Tetsuya Murakami
                          Tom Taylor
	Filename        : draft-ietf-softwire-map-09.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2013-12-10

Abstract:
   This document describes a mechanism for transporting IPv4 packets
   across an IPv6 network using IP encapsulation, and a generic
   mechanism for mapping between IPv6 addresses and IPv4 addresses and
   transport layer ports.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-map

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-softwire-map-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-softwire-map-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 09:57:12 -0500

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-softwire-map-09.txt

I was starting to reply with "why have my WGLC comments been ignored?" 
when I looked in the mailing list archives and observed that the email I 
had sent to the mailing list is nowhere to be found.

On our mail server I see the following:

> Nov 27 11:59:16 jazz postfix/smtpd[2362]: 6D5C2403BB: client=unknown[2620:0:230:c000:dd97:4873:5d32:1565], sasl_method=PLAIN, sasl_username=simon
> Nov 27 11:59:16 jazz postfix/cleanup[2354]: 6D5C2403BB: message-id=<[email-masked]>
> Nov 27 11:59:16 jazz postfix/qmgr[27473]: 6D5C2403BB: from=<[email-masked]>, size=77321, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
> Nov 27 11:59:17 jazz postfix/smtp[2363]: 6D5C2403BB: to=<[email-masked]>, relay=mail.ietf.org[2001:1900:3001:11::2c]:25, delay=1, delays=0.26/0.01/0.32/0.45, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as 357011AD6B9)
> Nov 27 11:59:17 jazz postfix/qmgr[27473]: 6D5C2403BB: removed

So it looks like the problem is on the IETF's side...

I'll resend my WGLC comments right away.

Simon
-- 
DTN made easy, lean, and smart --> http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64/DNS64 open-source        --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server               --> http://numb.viagenie.ca

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 10:08:24 -0500

Done:

> Dec 10 09:58:14 jazz postfix/smtpd[14691]: BD259400A8: client=unknown[2620:0:230:c000:54e0:da70:48b1:eece], sasl_method=PLAIN, sasl_username=simon
> Dec 10 09:58:14 jazz postfix/cleanup[14636]: BD259400A8: message-id=<[email-masked]>
> Dec 10 09:58:15 jazz postfix/qmgr[27473]: BD259400A8: from=<[email-masked]>, size=77381, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
> Dec 10 09:58:15 jazz postfix/smtp[14692]: BD259400A8: to=<[email-masked]>, relay=mail.ietf.org[2001:1900:3001:11::2c]:25, delay=0.98, delays=0.27/0/0.25/0.46, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as 2785B1ADBCC)
> Dec 10 09:58:15 jazz postfix/qmgr[27473]: BD259400A8: removed

But I haven't received that email whereas I did received the one to 
which I am replying. Very very very strange...

Could it be in the moderator's queue? I don't see why, it's only plain 
text, no attachments, and I am (of course) subscribed to the list.

Could it be blocked by the spam filter? Again, I don't see why.

Who should I talk to about this problem?

In the meantime, I'll send my WGLC comments directly to the editors.

Simon

---

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 12:54:21 -0500

Hi Simon,

> text, no attachments, and I am (of course) subscribed to the list.

This message was not in the moderation queue. Can you forward me the 
message as an attachment. I will investigate further with the AMS folks.

Thanks
Suresh