Subject: [Softwires] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-liu-softwire-lw4over6-dhcp-deployment-04.txt

From: Cong Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 13:07:05 -0400

Hi all,

I updated this draft to clarify its purpose. It is an informational memo
that describes
how dynamic provisioning mode of Lightweight 4over6 is organized by the
following drafts:
  IPv4 provisioning: I-D.ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6 (In RFC Ed queue)
  Port set option: I-D.ietf-dhc-dynamic-shared-v4allocation (will issue
WGLC)
  Tunnel source address option: I-D.fsc-softwire-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt

It is not a new provisioning method proposal, but just a description of an
existing thing.
As far as I know, it was the preferred method before IETF88, and was
changed due to the slow progress of port set draft.
I believe that it is why the dhcpv4o6 and port set draft were proposed.
Since these drafts seem to be in a good progress, I think it is worth be
documented.

Comments on the mailing list or softwire session are more than welcome.

Best Regards,
Cong

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 2014-07-23 10:48 GMT-04:00
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-liu-softwire-lw4over6-dhcp-deployment-04.txt
To: Jianping Wu <[email-masked]>, Cong Liu <[email-masked]>, Qi
Sun <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-liu-softwire-lw4over6-dhcp-deployment-04.txt
has been successfully submitted by Cong Liu and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-liu-softwire-lw4over6-dhcp-deployment
Revision:       04
Title:          Dynamic IPv4 Provisioning for Lightweight 4over6
Document date:  2014-07-23
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          7
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liu-softwire-lw4over6-dhcp-deployment-04.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-liu-softwire-lw4over6-dhcp-deployment/
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-liu-softwire-lw4over6-dhcp-deployment-04
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-liu-softwire-lw4over6-dhcp-deployment-04

Abstract:
   Lightweight 4over6 [I-D.ietf-softwire-lw4over6] is an IPv4 over IPv6
   hub and spoke mechanism that provides overlay IPv4 services in an
   IPv6-only access network.  Provisioning IPv4 addresses and port set
   to customers is the core function of Lightweight 4over6 control
   plane.  [I-D.ietf-softwire-lw4over6] illustrates how to use DHCPv6
   for deterministic IPv4 provisioning.  This document discusses how to
   provision IPv4 parameters by using dynamic IPv4 provisioning
   protocols such as DHCPv4 over DHCPv6
   [I-D.ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6].  This document describes a dynamic
   IPv4 provisioning mode for Lightweight 4over6 that uses DHCPv4 over
   DHCPv6 [I-D.ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6] for IPv4 address
   provisioning.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat