Subject: [Softwires] RFC 7600 on IPv4 Residual Deployment via IPv6 - A Stateless Solution (4rd)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 06:37:22 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7600

        Title:      IPv4 Residual Deployment via IPv6 
                    - A Stateless Solution (4rd) 
        Author:     R. Despres, S. Jiang, Ed., R. Penno,
                    Y. Lee, G. Chen, M. Chen
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      45
        Characters: 96462
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-softwire-4rd-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7600

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7600

This document specifies a stateless solution for service providers to
progressively deploy IPv6-only network domains while still offering
IPv4 service to customers.  The solution's distinctive properties are
that TCP/UDP IPv4 packets are valid TCP/UDP IPv6 packets during
domain traversal and that IPv4 fragmentation rules are fully
preserved end to end.  Each customer can be assigned one public IPv4
address, several public IPv4 addresses, or a shared address with a
restricted port set.

This document is a product of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC