Subject: [Softwires] RFC 7598 on DHCPv6 Options for Configuration of Softwire Address and Port-Mapped Clients

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 17:36:52 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7598

        Title:      DHCPv6 Options for Configuration of 
                    Softwire Address and Port-Mapped Clients 
        Author:     T. Mrugalski, O. Troan,
                    I. Farrer, S. Perreault,
                    W. Dec, C. Bao,
                    L. Yeh, X. Deng
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 40023
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-softwire-map-dhcp-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7598

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7598

This document specifies DHCPv6 options, termed Softwire46 options,
for the provisioning of Softwire46 Customer Edge (CE) devices.
Softwire46 is a collective term used to refer to architectures based
on the notion of IPv4 Address plus Port (A+P) for providing IPv4
connectivity across an IPv6 network.

This document is a product of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC