Subject: [Softwires] Benoit Claise's Discuss on draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-mib-13: (with DISCUSS)

From: "Benoit Claise" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 01:48:40 -0800

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-mib-13: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-mib/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

>From the diff, I spotted that you imported smi-2. It should be mib-2
So basically, you haven't checked that your MIB module compiles :-(
http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/bin/smitools.cgi
Your request has been processed by the command

timeout 10 smilint -s -e -l 6 mibs/SOFTWIRE-MESH-MIB 2>report.txt

You can access any intermediately created files, the processing report
(which might be empty if no errors or warnings have been found), and
output files (in case of a conversion request) for reading and download
from a temporary server directory for approx. 24 hours.

While processing your request the following errors and/or warnings have
been found:

mibs/SOFTWIRE-MESH-MIB:4: [2] {import-failed} identifier `smi-2' cannot
be imported from module `SNMPv2-SMI'
mibs/SOFTWIRE-MESH-MIB:56: [2] {bad-identifier-case} `XXX' should start
with a lower case letter
mibs/SOFTWIRE-MESH-MIB:56: [2] {object-identifier-not-prefix} Object
identifier element `XXX' name only allowed as first element
mibs/SOFTWIRE-MESH-MIB:56: [1] {object-identifier-unknown} unknown object
identifier label `mib-2'
mibs/SOFTWIRE-MESH-MIB:19: [2] {module-identity-registration} illegal
module identity registration
mibs/SOFTWIRE-MESH-MIB:121: [5] {index-exceeds-too-large} warning: index
of row `swmEncapsEntry' can exceed OID size limit by 136
subidentifier(s)
mibs/SOFTWIRE-MESH-MIB:221: [5] {index-exceeds-too-large} warning: index
of row `swmBGPNeighborEntry' can exceed OID size limit by 135
subidentifier(s)

---

From: Dong Jiang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 22:17:10 +0200

Dear Benoit,

Sorry for the mistake! I have now checked the mib module.The smi-2 has been
changed to mib-2. A new version has been uploaded. Please help to check if
your DISCUSS is solved. Thank you!

Best regards,
Jiang Dong