Subject: [Softwires] I-D Action: draft-ietf-softwire-unified-cpe-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 01:56:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Softwires of the IETF.

        Title           : Unified IPv4-in-IPv6 Softwire CPE
        Authors         : Mohamed Boucadair
                          Ian Farrer
	Filename        : draft-ietf-softwire-unified-cpe-04.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2016-04-22

Abstract:
   In IPv6-only provider networks, transporting IPv4 packets
   encapsulated in IPv6 is a common solution to the problem of IPv4
   service continuity.  A number of differing functional approaches have
   been developed for this, each having their own specific
   characteristics.  As these approaches share a similar functional
   architecture and use the same data plane mechanisms, this memo
   describes a specification whereby a single CPE can interwork with all
   of the standardized and proposed approaches to providing encapsulated
   IPv4 in IPv6 services.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-unified-cpe/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-softwire-unified-cpe-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-softwire-unified-cpe-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Ian Farrer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 11:02:16 +0200

Hi,

I’ve just uploaded a new version of this draft that we believe tackles the comments received at WGLC. The major change to the document is the addition of a new ‘Deployment Considerations’ section towards the end of the document which discusses address planning considerations and backwards compatibility with CEs which don’t implement the new option.

A couple of nits have been fixed as well.

Please send any comments etc.

Cheers,
Ian

> On 22 Apr 2016, at 10:56, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Softwires mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/softwires