Subject: [Softwires] Last Call: <draft-ietf-softwire-unified-cpe-04.txt> (Unified IPv4-in-IPv6 Softwire CPE) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 16:46:23 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Softwires WG (softwire) to
consider the following document:
- 'Unified IPv4-in-IPv6 Softwire CPE'
  <draft-ietf-softwire-unified-cpe-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-08-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In IPv6-only provider networks, transporting IPv4 packets
   encapsulated in IPv6 is a common solution to the problem of IPv4
   service continuity.  A number of differing functional approaches have
   been developed for this, each having their own specific
   characteristics.  As these approaches share a similar functional
   architecture and use the same data plane mechanisms, this memo
   describes a specification whereby a single CPE can interwork with all
   of the standardized and proposed approaches to providing encapsulated
   IPv4 in IPv6 services.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-unified-cpe/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-unified-cpe/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.