Subject: [Softwires] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-softwire-map-radius-09.txt

From: tianxiang li <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2017 11:23:37 +0800

Dear All,

We have submitted the new version of draft-ietf-softwire-map-radius.

The main updates include:
1. Added Softwire46-Priority Attribute in Section 4.6, corresponding to
OPTION_S46_PRIORITY option from RFC8026. It could be used to convey the
priority order of transition mechanisms when a client requests for more
than one S46 mechanism at a time.
2. Added description of how to provision and prioritize different S46
mechanism in the beginning of Section 4 “Attributes”, and a reference to
DS-Lite-Tunnel-Name RADIUS (RFC6519).

Other changes:
1. Removed descriptions of PCP and DHCP4o6 from section 3, to limit the
scope to the S46 options described in RFC7598.
2. We edited section 4 to keep the attributes field unified with RFC7598,
especially the length of the sub options.
3. Removed unnecessary requirements language from figure 1 text.
4. Language review and correction.

Best regards,
Tianxiang
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 2017-01-04 11:00 GMT+08:00
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-softwire-map-radius-09.txt
To: Bing Liu <[email-masked]>, Sheng Jiang <[email-masked]>,
Peter Deacon <[email-masked]>, Yu Fu <[email-masked]>, Tianxiang Li
<[email-masked]>, Chongfeng Xie <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-softwire-map-radius-09.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tianxiang Li and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-softwire-map-radius
Revision:       09
Title:          RADIUS Attribute for Softwire Address plus Port based
Mechanisms
Document date:  2017-01-03
Group:          softwire
Pages:          21
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-softwire-
map-radius-09.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-map-
radius/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-softwire-map-
radius-09
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-softwire-map-
radius-09

Abstract:
   IPv4-over-IPv6 transition mechanisms provide both IPv4 and IPv6
   connectivity services simultaneously during the IPv4/IPv6 co-existing
   period.  The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6)
   options have been defined to configure Customer Edge (CE) in MAP-E,
   MAP-T, and Lightweight 4over6.  However, in many networks, the
   configuration information may be stored in the Authentication
   Authorization and Accounting (AAA) servers, while user configuration
   is mainly provided by the Broadband Network Gateway (BNG) through the
   DHCPv6 protocol.  This document defines a Remote Authentication Dial
   In User Service (RADIUS) attribute that carries CE configuration
   information from the AAA server to the BNG.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat