Subject: [Softwires] RFC 8115 on DHCPv6 Option for IPv4-Embedded Multicast and Unicast IPv6 Prefixes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 16:10:42 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8115

        Title:      DHCPv6 Option for IPv4-Embedded Multicast 
                    and Unicast IPv6 Prefixes 
        Author:     M. Boucadair, 
                    J. Qin,
                    T. Tsou, 
                    X. Deng
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 17386
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-softwire-multicast-prefix-option-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8115

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8115

This document defines a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol version 6
(DHCPv6) Option for multicast IPv4 service continuity solutions,
which is used to carry the IPv6 prefixes to be used to build unicast
and multicast IPv4-embedded IPv6 addresses.

This document is a product of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC