Subject: [Softwires] Further draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-multicast

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 10:25:45 +0200

Hi Authors,

I’m currently in the process of doing the write up for the draft. Please can you tell me if there are there any implementations in existence?

Also, I have run v21 through ID-Nits. The important output is below. For the downref, to RFC4925, does this need to be a normative reference?

Please can you address these points and submit an updated version.

Thanks,
Ian

  Checking references for intended status: Proposed Standard
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

     (See RFCs 3967 and 4897 for information about using normative references
     to lower-maturity documents in RFCs)

  == Unused Reference: 'RFC4291' is defined on line 677, but no explicit
     reference was found in the text

  == Unused Reference: 'RFC4301' is defined on line 681, but no explicit
     reference was found in the text

  == Unused Reference: 'RFC7371' is defined on line 732, but no explicit
     reference was found in the text

  ** Downref: Normative reference to an Informational RFC: RFC 4925

---

From: Shu Yang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 00:00:55 +0800

Hi Ian,

Sorry for the late reply (because it is during a chinese traditional
festival recently). The following includes the answers to the questions.

> Please can you tell me if there are there any implementations in
existence?
Yes, the Bitway company (a networking device company in China) have
implemented a prototype of it.

> For the downref, to RFC4925, does this need to be a normative reference?
We will move it to the informative references and update the draft asap.

Best Regards,

Shu Yang

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 4:25 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi Authors,
>
> I’m currently in the process of doing the write up for the draft. Please
> can you tell me if there are there any implementations in existence?
>
> Also, I have run v21 through ID-Nits. The important output is below. For
> the downref, to RFC4925, does this need to be a normative reference?
>
> _______________________________________________
> Softwires mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/softwires
>
>