Subject: [Softwires] I-D Action: draft-ietf-softwire-map-radius-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 00:59:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Softwires WG of the IETF.

        Title           : RADIUS Attributes for Address plus Port based Softwire Mechanisms
        Authors         : Sheng Jiang
                          Yu Fu
                          Bing Liu
                          Peter Deacon
                          Chongfeng Xie
                          Tianxiang Li
                          Mohamed Boucadair
	Filename        : draft-ietf-softwire-map-radius-16.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2018-06-26

Abstract:
   IPv4-over-IPv6 transition mechanisms provide both IPv4 and IPv6
   connectivity services simultaneously during the IPv4/IPv6 co-
   existence period.  DHCPv6 options have been defined for configuring
   clients to use MAP-E, MAP-T, Lightweight 4over6 and Multicast Basic
   Bridging BroadBand (mB4) in multicast scenarios.  However, in many
   networks, the configuration information may be stored in an AAA
   server, while user configuration information is mainly provided by
   the BNG through the DHCPv6 protocol.  This document defines three new
   RADIUS attributes that carry CE or mB4 configuration information from
   an AAA server to BNG.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-map-radius/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-softwire-map-radius-16
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-softwire-map-radius-16

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-softwire-map-radius-16

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Yu Fu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 16:39:14 +0800

Hi all,

I have updated the 16 version of draft-ietf-softwire-map-radius based on
Ian's comments received in WGLC.

The main changes are as followed:

1) As suggested, it divided the Figure 2 into 3 diagrams (one for each type)
for MAP-E, MAP-T, and Lightweight 4over6.
  So it can make the Figure 2 more clear to show which TLV is necessary and
which is optional.

2) It makes a common format for the definitions of which RADIUS messages
types the configuration/ Priority /multicast 
attributes can appear in the section 4.1 and 4.8.

3) It changes the description text and formatting of the configuration/
Priority attribute according to the RFC6929 and RFC8044 so as to consistent
with the format of multicast attribute. 

4) The IANA Consideration has been rewritten so that it will be more clear
for the assignment of the Attribute Types and new RADIUS TLVs.

5) Some grammar mistakes and typos have been corrected.

So your comments are appreciated.

Thanks
Yu

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 3:59 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Softwires] I-D Action: draft-ietf-softwire-map-radius-16.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Softwires WG of the IETF.

        Title           : RADIUS Attributes for Address plus Port based
Softwire Mechanisms
        Authors         : Sheng Jiang
                          Yu Fu
                          Bing Liu
                          Peter Deacon
                          Chongfeng Xie
                          Tianxiang Li
                          Mohamed Boucadair
	Filename        : draft-ietf-softwire-map-radius-16.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2018-06-26

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
Softwires mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/softwires