Subject: [Softwires] Ignas Bagdonas' No Objection on draft-ietf-softwire-yang-14: (with COMMENT)

From: Ignas Bagdonas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 06:35:58 -0800

Ignas Bagdonas has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-softwire-yang-14: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-yang/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Is the derived-from() complexity for statistics counters really required given
that the module itself is for softwires, and any tunnel using it would be
covered?

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 14:58:05 +0000

Ignas,

Because these counters are applicable to some interface/tunnel schemes, the augment must be anyway subject to a "when derived-from()" clause (as a function of the tunnel type).   

The counters are designed so that other modules can reuse them, if needed. This can be done by using this statement:  

uses softwire-common:traffic-stat;

Cheers,
Med

> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : Ignas Bagdonas [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Envoyé : jeudi 10 janvier 2019 15:36
> À : The IESG
> Cc : [email-masked]; Sheng Jiang; softwire-
> [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Objet : Ignas Bagdonas' No Objection on draft-ietf-softwire-yang-14: (with
> COMMENT)
>