Subject: [lamps] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lamps-lightweight-cmp-profile-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2020 01:02:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX and SMIME WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Lightweight CMP Profile
        Authors         : Hendrik Brockhaus
                          Steffen Fries
                          David von Oheimb
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lamps-lightweight-cmp-profile-02.txt
	Pages           : 77
	Date            : 2020-07-11

Abstract:
   The goal of this document is to facilitate interoperability and
   automation by profiling the Certificate Management Protocol (CMP)
   version 2, the related Certificate Request Message Format (CRMF)
   version 2, and the HTTP Transfer for the Certificate Management
   Protocol.  It specifies a subset of CMP and CRMF focusing on typical
   uses cases relevant for managing certificates of devices in many
   industrial and IoT scenarios.  To limit the overhead of certificate
   management for more constrained devices only the most crucial types
   of operations are specified as mandatory.  To foster interoperability
   in more complex scenarios, other types of operations are specified as
   recommended or optional.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-lightweight-cmp-profile/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lamps-lightweight-cmp-profile-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lamps-lightweight-cmp-profile-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lamps-lightweight-cmp-profile-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Brockhaus, Hendrik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2020 08:07:30 +0000

I just submitted an update to the Lightweight CMP Profile draft with the 
following changes. The changes mainly address the action items I took 
from IETF 107 and the following discussion on the mailing list.

- Hendrik

Changes from version 01 -> 02 of the document:

   o  Extend Section 1.4 with regard to conflicts with UNISIG Subset-
      137.

   o  Minor clarifications on extraCerts in Section 3.3 and
      Section 4.1.1.

   o  Complete specification of requesting a certificate from a trusted
      PKI with signature protection in Section 4.1.2.

   o  Changed from symmetric key-encryption to password-based key
      management technique in section Section 4.1.6.3 as discussed on
      the mailing list (see thread "draft-ietf-lamps-lightweight-cmp-
      profile-01, section 5.1.6.1")

   o  Changed delayed enrollment described in Section 4.1.7 from
      recommended to optional as decided at IETF 107

   o  Introduced the new RootCAKeyUpdate structure for root CA
      certificate update in Section 4.4.3 as decided at IETF 107 (also
      see email thread "draft-ietf-lamps-lightweight-cmp-profile-01,
      section 5.4.3")

   o  Extend the description of the CertReqTemplate PKI management
      operation, including an example added in the Appendix.  Keep
      rsaKeyLen as a single integer value in Section 4.4.4 as discussed
      on the mailing list (see thread "draft-ietf-lamps-lightweight-cmp-
      profile-01, section 5.4.4")

   o  Deleted Sections "Get certificate management configuration" and
      "Get enrollment voucher" as decided at IETF 107

   o  Complete specification of adding an additional protection by an
      PKI management entity in Section 5.1.3.

   o  Added Section 6.1 and extended Section 6.2 on definition and
      discovery of supported HTTP URIs and content types, add a path for
      nested messages as specified in Section 5.1.3 and delete the paths
      for /getCertMgtConfig and /getVoucher

   o  Changed Section 6.5 to address offline transport and added more
      detailed specification file-based transport of CMP

   o  Added a reference to the new I-D of Mohit Sahni on "CoAP Transport
      for CMPV2" in Section 6.6; thanks to Mohit supporting the effort
      to ease utilization of CMP

   o  Moved the change history to the Appendix

   o  Minor changes in wording

> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Spasm <[email-masked]> Im Auftrag von [email-masked]
> Gesendet: Samstag, 11. Juli 2020 10:02
> An: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Betreff: [lamps] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lamps-lightweight-cmp-profile-02.txt
> 
> 
> https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatrack
> er.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fdraft-ietf-lamps-lightweight-cmp-
> profile%2F&amp;data=02%7C01%7Chendrik.brockhaus%40siemens.com%7Cc6
> e897875d7344a51caa08d82570dd13%7C38ae3bcd95794fd4addab42e1495d55a
> %7C1%7C0%7C637300513959254187&amp;sdata=ZJhcpZ44SoKZkhINz4yn2i%2F
> Kou9Uy4vndrHZYFogx0M%3D&amp;reserved=0
> 
> https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftools.ietf.
> org%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-ietf-lamps-lightweight-cmp-profile-
> 02&amp;data=02%7C01%7Chendrik.brockhaus%40siemens.com%7Cc6e897875
> d7344a51caa08d82570dd13%7C38ae3bcd95794fd4addab42e1495d55a%7C1%7
> C0%7C637300513959254187&amp;sdata=aOuIi8qGwIkK0fO06z9xMdzrUhLsiK4
> CkT%2FqckGcez8%3D&amp;reserved=0
> https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatrack
> er.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-ietf-lamps-lightweight-cmp-profile-
> 02&amp;data=02%7C01%7Chendrik.brockhaus%40siemens.com%7Cc6e897875
> d7344a51caa08d82570dd13%7C38ae3bcd95794fd4addab42e1495d55a%7C1%7
> C0%7C637300513959254187&amp;sdata=AwoS3bBV2b2pGqvf332DKmqPgdoN
> %2BhluhEPl16HV%2F7w%3D&amp;reserved=0
> 
> https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.
> org%2Frfcdiff%3Furl2%3Ddraft-ietf-lamps-lightweight-cmp-profile-
> 02&amp;data=02%7C01%7Chendrik.brockhaus%40siemens.com%7Cc6e897875
> d7344a51caa08d82570dd13%7C38ae3bcd95794fd4addab42e1495d55a%7C1%7
> C0%7C637300513959254187&amp;sdata=ZH3jLWFW4eoLNPSEuxBDPrvz0%2B
> mFxXeN4WgQBA1ek7g%3D&amp;reserved=0
> 
> 
> https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=ftp%3A%2F%2Fftp.ietf.org%
> 2Finternet-
> drafts%2F&amp;data=02%7C01%7Chendrik.brockhaus%40siemens.com%7Cc6e
> 897875d7344a51caa08d82570dd13%7C38ae3bcd95794fd4addab42e1495d55a
> %7C1%7C0%7C637300513959254187&amp;sdata=Qbzf8f9Y09XgOImcJ1Jb0bJT
> 62hCUNML4qs0zd84QXw%3D&amp;reserved=0
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Spasm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.
> org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fspasm&amp;data=02%7C01%7Chendrik.brockha
> us%40siemens.com%7Cc6e897875d7344a51caa08d82570dd13%7C38ae3bcd95
> 794fd4addab42e1495d55a%7C1%7C0%7C637300513959254187&amp;sdata=D
> dvLeU%2FzV%2BHJ2%2FFXKGO1GEQgrZyW5i5Iy%2FnmhIbUrzk%3D&amp;reser
> ved=0