Subject: [lamps] HP Issue - What to display to the user?

From: Bernie Hoeneisen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 01:23:43 +0200 (CEST)

Below a summary of the issue on 'What to display to the User?'.
This certainly needs more discussion

cheers,
  Bernie

Text from slide:

1) The Receiving User Facing Message (RUFM) is the same as the Inner
    Message

    Any other variants to consider?

2) As a consequence, the RUFM contains no information on the Outer Message
    HS Preserving Outer Message HS might be useful,

    e.g. for
    - Debugging (Trace HFs)
    - Detecting attacks (HFs different)

    Do we need to standardize a means to provide the Outer Message HS to
    the user?

Conclusion at IETF-108 (as I understood):

- The Message to be displayed to the user shall be the Inner Message

- There needs to be more meta-information displayed to the user,

   - We need to describe what the MUA must display to the user, but no
     details of the (graphical) representation

Open questions:

- What exactely is this additional (meta-)information to be displayed to
   the user?

   https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-marques-pep-rating-03#section-2.1
   may serve as a basis for this.

- Do we need to standardize a means to provide the Outer Message HS to
   the user?

   I don't think so.