Subject: [lamps] Protocol Action: 'OCSP Nonce Extension' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-lamps-ocsp-nonce-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 07:30:33 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'OCSP Nonce Extension'
  (draft-ietf-lamps-ocsp-nonce-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX
and SMIME Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benjamin Kaduk and Roman Danyliw.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-ocsp-nonce/

Technical Summary

    This document updates RFC 6960 to specify a maximum size for a nonce
    in the Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP),  The nonce is used
    in the OCSP request and response messages to detect replay attacks.

Working Group Summary

    There is consensus for this document in the LAMPS WG to provide this clarity.

Document Quality

   OCSP has wide deployment and support.

Personnel

    Russ Housley is the document shepherd.
    Roman Danyliw is the responsible area director.