Subject: [lamps] draft-ietf-lamps-cmp-updates-10 - pre-registration of OIDs

From: "Brockhaus, Hendrik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 08:55:36 +0000

Russ

To support early implementations of changes specified in CMP Updates, I would appreciate pre-registration of the new OIDs and the .well-known as specified in draft-ietf-lamps-cmp-updates and update the draft accordingly.

https://www.iana.org/assignments/smi-numbers/smi-numbers.xhtml#smi-numbers-1.3.6.1.5.5.7.4
Update source of theses OIDs to [draft-ietf-lamps-cmp-updates]
	id-it-caCerts 			[draft-ietf-lamps-cmp-updates]
	id-it-rootCaKeyUpdate		[draft-ietf-lamps-cmp-updates]
	id-it-certReqTemplate		[draft-ietf-lamps-cmp-updates]
New pre-registration appreciated
	id-it-rootCaCert			[draft-ietf-lamps-cmp-updates]
	id-it-certProfile			[draft-ietf-lamps-cmp-updates]

New pre-registration appreciated
https://www.iana.org/assignments/smi-numbers/smi-numbers.xhtml#smi-numbers-1.3.6.1.5.5.7.5.1
	id-regCtrl-algId			[draft-ietf-lamps-cmp-updates]
	id-regCtrl-rsaKeyLen		[draft-ietf-lamps-cmp-updates]

I am uncertain, if a pre-registration of the .well-known of cmp is possible as well.
https://www.iana.org/assignments/well-known-uris/well-known-uris.xhtml#well-known-uris-1

What about a pre-registration of the OID of the updates ASN.1 modules?
https://www.iana.org/assignments/smi-numbers/smi-numbers.xhtml#smi-numbers-1.3.6.1.5.5.7.0
	id-mod-cmp2021-88		[draft-ietf-lamps-cmp-updates]
	id-mod-cmp2021-02		[draft-ietf-lamps-cmp-updates]	

Hendrik

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 09:40:35 -0400

Does anyone have concerns with early allocation?  If not, we will ask Roman to seek IESG approval for early allocation.

Russ

> On May 6, 2021, at 4:55 AM, Brockhaus, Hendrik <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Russ
>