Subject: [lamps] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lamps-cmp-updates-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 May 2021 09:41:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX and SMIME WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Certificate Management Protocol (CMP) Updates
        Authors         : Hendrik Brockhaus
                          David von Oheimb
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lamps-cmp-updates-10.txt
	Pages           : 54
	Date            : 2021-05-04

Abstract:
   This document contains a set of updates to the syntax and transport
   of Certificate Management Protocol (CMP) version 2.  This document
   updates RFC 4210 and RFC 6712.

   The aspects of CMP updated in this document are using EnvelopedData
   instead of EncryptedValue, clarifying the handling of p10cr messages,
   improving the crypto agility, as well as adding new general message
   types, extended key usages to identify certificates for use with CMP,
   and '.well-known' HTTP path segments.

   To properly differentiate the support of EnvelopedData instead of
   EncryptedValue, the CMP version 3 is introduced in case a transaction
   is supposed to use EnvelopedData.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-cmp-updates/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-lamps-cmp-updates-10.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lamps-cmp-updates-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/