Subject: [lamps] RFC 9044 on Using the AES-GMAC Algorithm with the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 15:56:15 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9044

        Title:      Using the AES-GMAC Algorithm with 
                    the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) 
        Author:     R. Housley
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lamps-cms-aes-gmac-alg-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9044

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9044

This document specifies the conventions for using the AES-GMAC
Message Authentication Code algorithm with the Cryptographic Message
Syntax (CMS) as specified in RFC 5652.

This document is a product of the Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX and SMIME Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC