Subject: [spb-isis] 802.1aq SPB mailing list

From: Peter Ashwood-Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 16:10:00 -0400

As suggested previously I'm only going to use the spb-isis mailing list from
now on for interop discussions: [email-masked]

Everybody on the to: and cc: list here should register at :
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/spb-isis or they are going to start
missing messages ;)

Cheers,

Peter

---

From: Peter Ashwood-Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 10:39:57 -0400

Don Fedyk has kindly added the folks involved in the SPB interop to the
spb-isis mailing list so those of you doing Interop should now be receiving
these and we will be moving all discussions here.

Cheers,

Peter

---

From: Peter Ashwood-Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 15:02:26 -0400

Just wanted to confirm the proper SPB code points for the interop. There was
a bit of confusion because the latest -05 draft has values different than
those just allocated by IANA. We want of course to use the proper IANA
values. The proper IANA allocations are of course here:
<http://www.iana.org/assignments/isis-tlv-codepoints/isis-tlv-codepoints.xml
http://www.iana.org/assignments/isis-tlv-codepoints/isis-tlv-codepoints.xml
.

Below is a more concise form. Note that I recommend initially ignoring an
MCID mismatch on receipt and not even sending the optional Digest since
we'll likely all screw it up the first time ;) and its not the most
important or interesting part of the Interop.

For those of you doing viewing tools a good strategy would be to simply look
at the MCID and B-VID that you receive and reflect it back in your own IIH.
You could take that strategy with other attributes like the area id etc. and
'reflect' would likely make a nice default behavior for some of those
attributes to allow fast plug and play behavior ... IMHO.

Peter

 

BPDUs (native)

-

IIH

 

NLPID

129

MT-Port-Cap

143

SPB-MCID

4

SPB-Digest

5

SPB-B-VID

6

LSP

 

MT-Capability

144

SPB-Inst

1

SPB-I-OALG

2

SPBM-SI

3

Extended-IS-Reachability/MT-Intermediate-System

22/222

SPB-Metric

29

SPB-A-OALG

30

---

From: Peter Ashwood-Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 15:38:16 -0400

Guys, as we start adding more equipement here, we should think about an
informational draft that describes the interop.

Be nice to have a small overview in time for Quebec. 

Thoughts?

Peter

---

From: Paul Unbehagen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 13:44:41 -0600

Seems like a decent idea. 

--
Paul Unbehagen

from my iPhone 

On May 31, 2011, at 1:38 PM, Peter Ashwood-Smith <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Guys, as we start adding more equipement here, we should think about an informational draft that describes the interop.
> _______________________________________________
> spb-isis mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/spb-isis