Subject: [Speechsc] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-dsr-02.txt

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 14:11:35 -0400

Have people noticed this?

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 8:08 AM
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-dsr-02.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the
IETF.

	Title		: RTP Payload Format for  ETSI ES 201 108
Distributed 
                          Speech Recognition Encoding
	Author(s)	: Q. Xie et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-dsr-02.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 25-Jul-02
	
This document specifies an RTP payload format for encapsulating ETSI
Standard ES 201 108 front-end signal processing feature streams for
distributed speech recognition (DSR) systems [ES201108].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-dsr-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-dsr-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-dsr-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 14:11:37 -0400

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 14:55:06 -0400

Note that the internet-draft announcement was incorrect, and should be for
the -03 draft.

Colin

>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-dsr-02.txt
...
>_______________________________________________
>Speechsc mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

---

From: Sarvi Shanmugham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 11:57:29 -0700

I believe this is a RTP Payload/codec definition that describes another
encoding format to communicate the media to the ASR engine/server.

The SPEECHSC mechanisms for allocating and controlling the speech
engines should be agnostic to the choice or form media delivery. They
should just address the description, negotiation and setup of the media
path from the audio source to the ASR engine if need be, through SDP or
something similar. The media path could be this DSR codec or anything
else and would not require or limit the choices here.

Sarvi

Tom-PT Taylor wrote:

> This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group
> of the IETF.
>
>    ----------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Subject: