Subject: [speechsc] Inputmodes Proposal

From: "Andrew Wahbe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 06:48:58 -0800

The VoiceXML Forum MRCP Liaison Committee has discussed the proposed
feature for specifying the input-modes enabled in a recognition (see
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/speechsc/current/msg02007.html
<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/speechsc/current/msg02007.html> ).
The goal of this discussion was to determine if the omission of this
feature would prevent MRCP v2 from being used to implement a compliant
VoiceXML 2.x platform. The Committee was unable to reach agreement on
this issue. We encourage the contribution of individual opinions on this
issue to the SpeechSC list so that a resolution can be reached. It
should be noted that this discussion was not meant to address the merits
of the proposal itself. The outcome should not be used to infer
Committee members' opinions on whether the proposed feature should be
included in MRCP v2 or any subsequent RFC.

Andrew Wahbe
VoiceXML Forum MRCP Liaison Committee
_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc