Subject: [Speermint] wg-business: Call for IETF 65 Agenda Items

From: "Livingood, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 10:32:24 -0500

Hello -

We have requested a 2 hour meeting slot at IETF 65.  We are currently
working on a draft agenda to send the list.  If you would like to
propose an item for the agenda, please email Dave and I privately for
consideration by 5pm EST of next Tuesday, 14 February.  We aiming to get
a draft agenda out to the group by Friday of next week. 
 
Dave & Jason

_______________________________________________
Speermint mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speermint

---

From: Alexander Mayrhofer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:51:26 +0100

> a draft agenda out to the group by Friday of next week. 

Jason,
David,

I'd like to request a slot of ~20min for the presentation of:

draft-lendl-sip-peering-policy-00

This documents proposes the use of DNS entries to publish a SIP
proxy's policy for accepting incoming calls.  Such published policies
can be used to selectively establish peering relationships between
VoIP service providers.

This draft will most likely be replaced by a set of document before dallas, 
so the agenda should probably mention the upcoming replacement as well:

draft-lendl-domain-policy-ddds-00.txt

A preliminary abstract of this doc is:

This document proposes the use of the DNS to publish a domain's
policy regarding incoming communication. The algorithm used is
defined as a new application of the Dynamic Delegation Discovery
Protocol (DDDS). Such policy announcements can be used to facilitate
selective SIP peering.

We're unsure if 20 minutes will suffice (give us 30, if available), since we 
expect to have a lively discussion about this topic.

I will do proxy for Otmar (hoping that SPEERMINT does not collide with ENUM, 
which would be very bad karma anyways ;) since he can't be in Dallas.

cheers

Alex