Subject: [Speermint] SPEERMINT Terminology Section 4.4.

From: "Stastny Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 16:55:17 +0100

James McEachern wrote:
> 
> Section 4.4:  Shouldn't this be changed to Infrastructure ENUM now?

Yes

> In addition this section almost reads as if Infrastructure ENUM does 
> everything required to find points of interconnection, while the 
> current thinking is that it provides CRD, which then ties in with 
> Speermint to find points of interconnection.

This is not my impression, but I think the section needs rewording (I
think the authors simple forgot to update it as requested ;-)

Here a proposal:

"4.4.  Infrastructure ENUM

   Infrastructure ENUM is generally regarded as the use of a separate
branch
   the e164.arpa tree, such as 4.4.i.e164.arpa to permit service
   providers to exchange phone number to URI data in order to find
   points of interconnection.  The current theory of Infratructure ENUM
is
   that only the COR for a particular E.164 number is permitted to
   provision data for that E.164 within that portion of the e164.arpa
   tree.

   The COR may enter CRD (i.e., a SIP URI)
   to allow other VoIP Service Providers to route calls to its network.

   Finally, note that ENUM is not constrained to carry only data (CDR)
   as defined by SPEERMINT.  So the CoR may enter also other data in
   the corresponding domain. In particular, an important class of
   CRD??, the tel URIs [RFC3966] may be carried in ENUM.  Such tel URIs
   are most frequently used to interconnect with the PSTN directly, and
   are out of scope for SPEERMINT.  On the other hand, PSTN endpoints
   served by a COR and reachable via CDR and networks as defined in
   Section 3.1 and Section 3.4 are in scope for SPEERMINT."

The only additional remark is if the second to last sentence
(CRD??) should be called CRD at all, since Tel URIs are not routable on
the Internet.

In 3.1. Call Routing Data are defined as SIP URIs, Tel URIs are not
mentioned there.

I suggest to replace the sentence with:

"In particular, the corresponding domain may also contain tel URIs
[RFC3966]"

regards
Richard

_______________________________________________
Speermint mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speermint