Subject: [Speermint] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-lendl-domain-policy-ddds-00.txt]

From: Alexander Mayrhofer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 07:20:40 +0100

fyi,

an I-D about policy announcement via DDDS.

cheers

Alex

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lendl-domain-policy-ddds-00.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 18:50:02 -0500
List-Id: i-d-announce.ietf.org

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Domain Policy DDDS Application
	Author(s)	: O. Lendl
	Filename	: draft-lendl-domain-policy-ddds-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2006-2-27
	
   This documents proposes the use of the DNS to publish a domain's
   policy regarding incoming communication.  The algorithm used is
   defined as a new application of the Dynamic Delegation Discovery
   System (DDDS).  Such policy announcements can be used to facilitate
   selective SIP peering.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lendl-domain-policy-ddds-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lendl-domain-policy-ddds-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lendl-domain-policy-ddds-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
_______________________________________________
Speermint mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speermint

---

From: Otmar Lendl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 12:00:26 +0100

> an I-D about policy announcement via DDDS.

This is the promised revision of draft-lendl-sip-peering-policy-00 (see
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/speermint/current/msg00024.html).

Another I-D is winding its way through the ID-queue and describes
the federation concept.

I've modelled this draft after the ENUM RFC. The experience there
with the enumservice registration procedure has not been a terrible
good one, leading to draft-ietf-enum-enumservices-guide-00.txt.

I'd like to get some feedback whether I should use that ID as a
template to style the registration mechanism for policy-types
within the domain policy DDDS.

Comments anybody?

/ol
-- 
< Otmar Lendl ([email-masked]) | nic.at Systems Engineer >