Subject: RE: [Speermint] RE: Background Reading onNGNInterconnect-transitv s peering

From: "Roy, Radhika R." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 13:54:10 -0400

Inline [RRR]

  _____  

From: [email-masked] on behalf of Livingood, Jason
Sent: Fri 4/7/2006 9:44 AM
To: Reinaldo Penno; [email-masked]; Stastny Richard;
[email-masked]; Medhavi Bhatia; Otmar Lendl; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Speermint] RE: Background Reading onNGNInterconnect-transitvs
peering

> > I understand this.
> >
> > Let us not correct the mess what others are creating.
> [[Reinaldo]]
>
> Let me get this straight. Are you saying the work of 3GPP/IMS
> and TISPAN is a mess? That's a pretty strong statement.

Let's not spin this aspect of the discussion out too far.  No flame wars
/ religious wars please.  :-)

[RRR] It is a non-technical statement.

[RRR] The issue is this: To manage the media routing in IP network layer
from the application layer (L7) by the SIP Proxy. If 3GPP wnats to solve
this problem, let them put this requirement and charter for standardization.
People throughout the world will particiapte to solve this problem: How to
make a standard like this - IETF will also join to this if it makes sense.

[RRR] Without making any clear statetement for standardization, if some ad
hoc things are done here and there, they are violating the norms of the
worldwide standardization. It is very dangerous and technically harmful for
standardization for all people throughout the world.

[RRR] When we are talking something in the IETF, we are deal with the world
community of standardization open to all, not some close things that others
do.  Is this clear?

Thanks
Jason

_______________________________________________
Speermint mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speermint