Subject: [Speermint] Re: draft-ietf-speermint-requirements-00.txt

From: "Patrick Melampy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 15:38:17 -0400

I would re-label the section 2.3 from "No Blocked Calls" to "Path Discovery
and Availability". The ability to know that you can send a call at any time,
and where to send it, is the essence of what the author intended here. I
would in addition expand on this to include two sections:

2.3.1 Adjacency Attributes (Next hop network attributes)

a.       What proxies can a party use. For each proxy:

                                                               i.      How
fast can I send calls (CPS)

                                                             ii.      How
many calls can I send (total established calls)

                                                            iii.      How
much bandwidth can I use (KBS)

b.       If there are many adjacent proxies to use, which should I use:

                                                               i.      Does
the location of the proxy matter?

                                                             ii.      Is the
proxy location a semaphore for where the media will cross?

2.3.2 Path Discovery and Attributes (Domains that are NOT adjacent)

c.       What are the paths to the destination domain that can:

                                                               i.
Guarantee quality

                                                             ii.
Participate in Guarantee's for Trust 

                                                            iii.      Are
these paths available

It may not go in this section 2.3, but it is related to adjacency, and path
availability

2.3.3          Adjacency and Path Congestion detection/avoidance

d.       How can a carrier restrict inflow of traffic (not call-by-call)

                                                               i.      For
maintenance actions

                                                             ii.      For
congestion management

e.       How can a carrier prevent upstream networks from submitting calls
for certain destinations in overload

                                                               i.
Equivalent to SS7 ACC (Automatic Congestion Control)

_______________________________________________
Speermint mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speermint

---

From: "Reinaldo Penno" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 00:16:52 -0400

Hello Patrick,

You are the third or forth person to suggest something similar. I
suggest something like it before the IETF meeting the first time I
reviewed the draft.

Thanks,

Reinaldo

________________________________________
From: Patrick Melampy [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 12:38 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Speermint] Re: draft-ietf-speermint-requirements-00.txt

I would re-label the section 2.3 from "No Blocked Calls" to "Path
Discovery and Availability". The ability to know that you can send a
call at any time, and where to send it, is the essence of what the
author intended here. I would in addition expand on this to include two
sections:

2.3.1 Adjacency Attributes (Next hop network attributes)
a. What proxies can a party use. For each proxy:
i. How fast can I send calls (CPS)
ii. How many calls can I send (total established calls)
iii. How much bandwidth can I use (KBS)
b. If there are many adjacent proxies to use, which should I use:
i. Does the location of the proxy matter?
ii. Is the proxy location a semaphore for where the media will cross?
2.3.2 Path Discovery and Attributes (Domains that are NOT adjacent)
c. What are the paths to the destination domain that can:
i. Guarantee quality
ii. Participate in Guarantee's for Trust 
iii. Are these paths available

It may not go in this section 2.3, but it is related to adjacency, and
path availability

2.3.3 Adjacency and Path Congestion detection/avoidance
d. How can a carrier restrict inflow of traffic (not call-by-call)
i. For maintenance actions
ii. For congestion management
e. How can a carrier prevent upstream networks from submitting calls for
certain destinations in overload
i. Equivalent to SS7 ACC (Automatic Congestion Control)