Subject: RE: DNS performance (was Re: [Speermint] TLs performance)

From: "Foster, Mark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 21:10:29 -0400

On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 19:04 -0500, Duane wrote:
> > I guess it all depends on how realtime you want your LNP to be...
> 
> I doubt carriers anywhere would give you a time to change over in
> minutes, it would be closer to hours, so even having a 10 to 30
minutes
> TTL wouldn't harm things from LNP point of view...

Well, in the US, carriers are required to propagate all NP routing
changes within 15 min, but in practice usually do it in seconds to
minimize potential SS7 routing loops.

R, Mark

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark D Foster      |  CTO, Co-Founder
NeuStar, Inc.      | 46000 Center Oak Plaza | Sterling, VA 20166 USA
p: +1 571 434 5410 |  f: +1 571 434 5489

_______________________________________________
Speermint mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speermint