Subject: [Speermint] New Definition: PSP

From: "Livingood, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 13:08:55 -0500

All - David has proposed adding some text to the Terminology draft (see
below).  If anyone has proposed changes to this text, please
discuss/propose here.

Thanks!
Jason 

________________________________

From: David Schwartz [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2007 9:18 AM
To: Livingood, Jason
Cc: David Meyer
Subject: RE: San Diego Notes

Hi Jason - thanks for the reminder.

Here is my take on it...

"A Peering Service Provider (or PSP) is an entity that facilitates
inter-VSP communication though implementation of peering functions,
either directly or indirectly, on behalf of VSPs. This set of functions
defines the peering policy dimensions available to the VSPs and may
include location, interoperability, security, trust, routing and cost
management."

Cheers,

David
________________________________

From: Livingood, Jason [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 10:48 PM
To: David Schwartz
Cc: David Meyer
Subject: San Diego Notes

David -

I was going through my notes from San Diego and see that you suggested
we needed a new term, Peering Services Provider, and that you
volunteered to submit this text to Dave.  I also noted that you said
that a PSP and a VSP were not mutually exclusive, if that helps.

If you'd like to suggest the addition of this term, I suggest you do so
ASAP as we'd like to close the terminology draft.

Jason

_______________________________________________
Speermint mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speermint