Subject: [Speermint] Some quick comments on Use Cases 04 - sorry but I seem to have some issues with my email today :(

From: David Schwartz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 12:20:45 -0800

(This got cut off from my previous email...)

Note that the assisting peer and indirect peer can be (hence the box  
around the two) provided by the same third party (but this has never  
been a requirement)

The point is that the Assisting peer really is just there for the  
full resolution of SED. Once this is done the actual signaling and  
possibly media are handed over to the indirect peer (if needed)

Now for some specific comments...

On page 4 - Location server - this definition fits more for a "lookup  
Server". Lookup resolves an "owner", Location resolves a SED.

On Page 4 - I still see many "?" in the text - probably needs to be  
quotation marks?

In the definition of 4.1 (page 6) The LUF should be defined as a  
mapping of identifiers (ususally e.164 numbers - NOT necessarily a  
SIP username) and associated responsible domain

In the definition of 4.2 - isn't the result of this query just the SED?

5.1.1 (page 8) - Between step 2 and 3 missing the location function  
where lookup information is converted to SED information

5.1.2 (Page 10) the text for step 2 is correct ("This look-up  
traverses the administrative boundary between the originating and the  
assisting domain") but the diagram shows this as the "transit domain"

5.1.2 step 3 - "The result will be the address of the TRANSIT SBE"  
not assisting...

5.1.2.3 Please refer to the figure above. This is where I sense the  
largest amount of confusion. The box that is labeled "Assisted SSP"  
is in reality the box I have above containing both Assisted Peer and  
Indirect Peer. While this may seem semantic it is crucial to get  
right as these two functions may be provided by different entities  
and are mutually exclusive.

D.

_______________________________________________
Speermint mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speermint