Subject: [Speermint] I-D Action:draft-ietf-speermint-voipthreats-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 05:45:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session PEERing for Multimedia INTerconnect Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Session Peering for Multimedia Interconnect (SPEERMINT) Security Threats and Suggested Countermeasures
	Author(s)       : J. Seedorf, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-speermint-voipthreats-08.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2011-03-28

The Session PEERing for Multimedia INTerconnect working group
(SPEERMINT) provides a peering framework that leverages the building
blocks of existing IETF-defined protocols such as SIP and ENUM for
the interconnection between SIP service providers.  The objective of
this document is to identify and enumerate SPEERMINT-specific threat
vectors and to give guidance for implementers on selecting
appropriate countermeasures.  Security requirements for SPEERMINT
which have been derived from the threats detailed in this document
can be found in draft-ietf-speermint-requirements; this document
provides concrete countermeasures to meet those SPEERMINT security
requirements.  In this document, the different security threats
related to SPEERMINT are classified into threats to the Lookup
Function (LUF), to the Location Routing Function (LRF), to the
Signaling Function (SF), and to the Media Function (MF) of a specific
SIP Service Provider (SSP).  Various instances of the threats are
briefly introduced inside the classification.  Finally, existing
security solutions for SIP and RTP/RTCP are presented to describe
countermeasures currently available for such threats.  Each SSP may
have connections to one or more remote SSPs through peering or
transit contracts.  A potentially compromised remote SSP which
attacks other SSPs is out of the scope of this document; this
document focuses on attacks on an SSP from outside the trust domain
such an SSP may have with other SSPs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-speermint-voipthreats-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.