Subject: [Speermint] Document Action: 'Requirements for SIP-based Session Peering' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-speermint-requirements-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 08:25:35 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Requirements for SIP-based Session Peering'
  (draft-ietf-speermint-requirements-11.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Session PEERing for Multimedia
INTerconnect Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Gonzalo Camarillo and Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-speermint-requirements/

Technical Summary

This document captures protocol requirements to enable session peering
of voice, presence, instant messaging and other types of multimedia
traffic. It is based on the use cases that have been described in the
SPEERMINT working group. This informational document is intended to
link the session peering use cases to protocol solutions.

Working Group Summary

There is consensus in the WG to publish this document. Several Working
Group Last Calls have been issued, and we have finally achieved
consensus and resolved all concerns. All changes suggested by the WG
have been made to this draft. A NITS review has also been performed by
our secretary, and those changes made as well.

Document Quality

Good quality - no issues

Personnel

Document Shepherd: Jason Livingood
Responsible AD: Gonzalo Camarillo
IANA Experts Required: No