Subject: gnarled

From: Jeff Berry <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 11:56:06 +0100

The new site gives equal billing to the nascent Institute for Biomedical
Gerontology, Aubrey de Grey's organization, long on the drawing board,
that has now started forward with LysoSENS research.

' I admit it is depressing, but it misses the rather obvious rebuttal:
is this lonely old man the only person who will receive rejuvenation
treatments? Would we get a better society or a worse one? " Staying
ahead of the curve of medical advances is also known as actuarial escape
velocity. Still, all this metabolic tinkering is no path towards radical
life extension - that will require more ambitious, directed strategies.
We know that adults have the same capacity to re-grow, it's just that
they're being stopped from re-growing . Results of the study showed that
having a normal BMI in young adulthood and middle age confers
significant health benefits at all levels of traditional risk factors.
their discovery might help efforts to increase neuron regeneration in
the brain or to make transplanted stem cells form connections more
efficiently. For this research, the Bohn lab combined a recently
developed technology called 'RNA interference' with gene therapy to turn
off alpha-synuclein in dopamine neurons. phpIs a span of a few decades
plausible or not?

The new insight into the Hh pathway may also help explain common traits
associated with aging, the study authors said.

" This would seem to open the door on a number of possible ways to
greatly amplify existing healing processes.

If we can do this, we will have a revolutionary new treatment for a
number of important human diseases .

Live long enough and you'll suffer neurodegeneration - which is why
curing Alzheimer's and other age-related neurodegenerative conditions is
so important for the future of healthy life extension. The results also
underscore the general importance of a thorough understanding of
development for producing authentic cells of a desired type from stem
cells.