Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-spki-cert-theory-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 09:49:16 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Simple Public Key Infrastructure Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: SPKI Certificate Theory
	Author(s)	: B. Lampson, T. Ylonen, R. Rivest, W. Frantz, 
                          C. Ellison, B. Thomas
	Filename	: draft-ietf-spki-cert-theory-02.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 11-Mar-98
	
   The SPKI Working Group has developed a standard form for digital
   certificates and access control lists.  These structures bind either
   names or authorizations to keys.  The binding can be directly to a
   key, or indirectly through the hash of the key or a name for it.  The
   name and authorization structures can be used separately or together.
   We use S-expressions as the standard format for these certificates
   and define a canonical form for those S-expressions.  This document
   gives the theory behind SPKI certificates and ACLs without going into
   technical detail about those structures or their uses.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-spki-cert-theory-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-spki-cert-theory-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-spki-cert-theory-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.