Subject: [spring] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-spring-bfd-01.txt

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 16:57:38 -0700

Dear SPRING WG Chairs,
this draft addresses the use of BFD over p2p and p2mp SR tunnels with the
MPLS data plane. The draft is stable. The authors would appreciate your
consideration to start the WG LC for this draft.

Regards,
Greg

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 8:53 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-spring-bfd-01.txt
To: Mach Chen (Guoyi) <[email-masked]>, Greg Mirsky <
[email-masked]>, Ilya Varlashkin <[email-masked]>, Ilya Varlashkin
<[email-masked]>, Jeff Tantsura <[email-masked]>, Jiang Wenying <
[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-spring-bfd-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Greg Mirsky and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-spring-bfd
Revision:       01
Title:          Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) in Segment Routing
Networks Using MPLS Dataplane
Document date:  2021-03-22
Group:          spring
Pages:          15
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-spring-bfd-01.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-bfd/
Html:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-spring-bfd-01.html
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-spring-bfd-01
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-spring-bfd-01

Abstract:
   Segment Routing (SR) architecture leverages the paradigm of source
   routing.  It can be realized in the Multiprotocol Label Switching
   (MPLS) network without any change to the data plane.  A segment is
   encoded as an MPLS label, and an ordered list of segments is encoded
   as a stack of labels.  Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) is
   expected to monitor any existing path between systems.  This document
   defines how to use Label Switched Path Ping to bootstrap a BFD
   session, control an SR Policy in the reverse direction of the SR-MPLS
   tunnel, and applicability of BFD Demand mode in the SR-MPLS domain.
   Also, the document describes the use of BFD Echo with BFD Control
   packet payload.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat