Subject: [Spud] meeting in Prague?

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 09:52:04 -0400

I see there is no SPUD BoF scheduled in Prague.  Will it be on the agenda
of another meeting?  Will there be informal meetings?

If none of the above, is that an indication that there is insufficient
interest in moving forward with SPUD?

--aaron

---

From: Brian Trammell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 15:21:48 +0200

hi Aaron,

Apologies for not answering this question in advance on the list.

> On 02 Jul 2015, at 15:52, Aaron Falk <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> I see there is no SPUD BoF scheduled in Prague.  Will it be on the agenda of another meeting?  Will there be informal meetings?

There is not a BoF or formal meeting scheduled. In our (BoF proponents') opinion, there is not yet enough clarity on what an eventual WG charter would look like to hold a WG-forming BoF, nor a coherent enough statement of a research question to try to form an RG.

A group of us (mainly BoF proponents and presenters) are working on a document outlining potential requirements for transport encapsulation with middlebox cooperation. We plan to submit this Real Soon Now, definitely before the Monday deadline. This document is very much a work in progress -- musings on open questions take up more space than things we think are definite requirements -- but we have tried to capture what we've heard in the ongoing discussion  into a coherent basis for further discussion.

We hope this document to trigger both list and hallway discussions in Prague. The contributors to this document will also meet in Prague on the Saturday before the IETF to work on the next revision of it.

Cheers,

Brian

---

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 17:37:52 +0000

SPUD is also on the list of technologies included for the hackathon:
https://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/93hackathon

Cheers,
Charles

On 7/3/15, 9:21 AM, "Spud on behalf of Brian Trammell"
<[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

>> I see there is no SPUD BoF scheduled in Prague.  Will it be on the
>>agenda of another meeting?  Will there be informal meetings?
>
>There is not a BoF or formal meeting scheduled. In our (BoF proponents')
>opinion, there is not yet enough clarity on what an eventual WG charter
>would look like to hold a WG-forming BoF, nor a coherent enough statement
>of a research question to try to form an RG.
>
>A group of us (mainly BoF proponents and presenters) are working on a
>document outlining potential requirements for transport encapsulation
>with middlebox cooperation. We plan to submit this Real Soon Now,
>definitely before the Monday deadline. This document is very much a work
>in progress -- musings on open questions take up more space than things
>we think are definite requirements -- but we have tried to capture what
>we've heard in the ongoing discussion  into a coherent basis for further
>discussion.
>
>We hope this document to trigger both list and hallway discussions in
>Prague. The contributors to this document will also meet in Prague on the
>Saturday before the IETF to work on the next revision of it.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Brian