Subject: Enough with the spam on this mailing list!

From: Ross Finlayson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 01:24:41 -0800

Almost all the traffic on this list now is spam.  Could the organizer(s) 
of this mailing list please change it so that only subscribers can post to it?

(And please, no more comments about this not being the tradition policy for 
IETF mailing lists.  Times have changed.)

	Ross.

---

From: Hugh Holbrook <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 10:04:18 -0800 (PST)

Hi, Ross, and everyone else who is annoyed by spam.

It seems that the level of spam on [email-masked] has
gotten somewhat worse recently.  In the interests of better email
sanity, we are going to change the behavior of the ssm-interest
mailing list so that you have to be a member to post.  In order to
achieve this, we may have to change the mailing list to be hosted on a
different machine here.  If so, we'll let everyone know.

We should be able to fix this in a couple of days, although being so
close to the holidays, it might realistically be a week or so until we
get the list switched over.

In the meantime, sorry about all the spam, and thanks for your
patience.

-Hugh

---

From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 10:31:15 -0800

>> different machine here.  If so, we'll let everyone know.

    The sender must be member hack works again!   ;-) 

Dino

---

From: John Meylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 10:48:20 -0800

>     The sender must be member hack works again!   ;-)

excellent 

john