Subject: [ssm] ssm wg status update, ssm meeting in Minneapolis

From: Hugh Holbrook <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 12:46:56 -0700 (PDT)

The SSM working group has not met in quite some time.  Here's a status
update on our progress.

      - The informational overview draft is now an RFC.  Yay!

      - The ssm-arch draft is ready to advance to the IESG for
        consideration as an RFC, pending a discussion of the IPR issue
        mentioned in my previous mail.

      - The question of administratively scoped SSM addresses
        has come up numerous times: are they necessary, and if so,
        where should they be allocated.  There has been prior
        discussion on the list but no clear consensus has been reached
        on what to do.  I plan to submit an -00 draft on the
        admin-scoping topic in the next week which maybe can seed
        the discussion.

We think it would be worthwhile for the working group to meet in
Minneapolis to try to move toward consensus on the admin scoping issue
and possibly on the IPR issue.  So we're requesting a 1 hour slot at
the Minneapolis IETF (hopefully on Wednesday next to Magma).  Other
contributions and comments before Minneapolis are of course welcome.

SSM working group meeting tentative agenda:

    Admin scoping and SSM - what to do.
    (possibly) ssm-arch IPR issues

If you have more requests for agenda items, please send them to us.
    
Thanks,
-Hugh and Supratik

_______________________________________________
ssm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ssm