Subject: [ssm] Updated ID: Multicast Mobility in MIPv6: Problem Statement

From: Matthias Waehlisch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 23:23:35 +0000 (GMT-Normalzeit)

Hi all,

  sorry for crossposting.

  We submitted an updated version of the problem statement draft on 
extending Multicast to Mobility.

It should be in the ID directory soon and can immediatly be downloaded
under:

http://www.realmv6.org/papers/draft-schmidt-mobopts-mmcastv6-ps-02.txt

Details:

              Multicast Mobility in MIPv6: Problem Statement
                  <draft-schmidt-mobopts-mmcastv6-ps-02.txt>

Abstract

    In this document we discuss mobility extensions to current IP layer
   multicast solutions. Problems arising from mobile group communication
   in general, in the case of multicast listener mobility and for mobile
   Any Source Multicast as well as Source Specific Multicast senders are
   documented. Characteristic aspects of multicast routing and
   deployment issues are summarized. The principal approaches to the
   multicast mobility problems are outlined subsequently.

The new document contains a number of clarification & language fixes and has
been extended to include

 o further routing issues, especially bi-directional PIM;
 o additional approaches to a solution of mobile multicast tasks;
 o further references;
 o all major comments from reviewers.

As it seems desirable to advance on the subject, we'd like to emphasize
solicitation of comments & reviews ...

Looking forward to your discussions!

See you in Prague,

matthias

_______________________________________________
ssm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ssm