Subject: Oh, the many ways I dang you, Mr.

From: Leslie T. Mercer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 11:27:25 +0200

Brokers Move On ERMX!

EntreMetrix Inc. (ERMX)
$0.18

Heavy trading today as ERMX announced its launch of digital support
tools for its portfolio companies. Brokers are getting ahead of this
steady climb as they grab up large blocks of shares for there clients.
Look at the numbers and get on ERMX Friday morning!

The Continental Review, a"video forum" for poets, is now online .

Treating his characters with both affection and respect, Ferris takes us
into a Chicago ad agency at the onset of the dot-bomb.

Drop us a line, subject line "MUST HAVE MICHAELS.

We haven't waded into Goodreads but we're all for social networking .
The Elegant Variation: GUEST REVIEW: THE WIND SHIFTS The Elegant
Variation A Literary Weblog.

They insist upon harmony at the end - often using the most implausible
means to get there. Nice to see you've got them up! Somerthing about the
way they both use adjectives and epithets makes me think they're a lot
closer than they might seem. Drop us a line, subject line "MUST HAVE
MICHAELS. Jones and ZZ Packer, and Adam Thirwell with Tom Stoppard make
this collection a must-read. A great comedy will, among other things,
challenge your idea of what comedy is; a middling one will merely
confirm a pre-existing idea.

Even Lucky Jim isn't very good.
In his youth he behaved like a cad and bounder; in his later years he
grew into a mean old sod, a woman-hater, and a reactionary bigot.

Have a fine weekend, peeps.

Given such power as a storyteller and moralist, why isn't Kingsley Amis
more widely read in America?

We are treated to a variety of voices and styles. The reason for it is
surely sound and obvious: the novels just aren't very good. As Emerson
said, behind the book stands the man. All true, perhaps, but, ah, the
wonders of Lucky Jim . They insist upon harmony at the end - often using
the most implausible means to get there. Max Morden has returned to the
vacation spot of his youth as he grieves the death of his wife. But
perhaps now it will be, with the republication of his work in two new
volumes that should bring Michaels to a new generation of readers and
remind us of his lasting achievement.

Jones and ZZ Packer, and Adam Thirwell with Tom Stoppard make this
collection a must-read.

And I'd argue it's very hard for us to understand how culturally
aggressive it was at the time, when the Brits weren't yet crying in the
streets over Lady Di.

He shares blogging duties on La Bloga, which is dedicated to Chicano
literature and art.

Who cares that Amis grew into a cartoon curmudgeon?

Max Morden has returned to the vacation spot of his youth as he grieves
the death of his wife. He shares blogging duties on La Bloga, which is
dedicated to Chicano literature and art. And there is something bizarre
about Kingsley Amis, a drunken humorist, telling us about what is right
and what is wrong. Jones and ZZ Packer, and Adam Thirwell with Tom
Stoppard make this collection a must-read. The Continental Review,
a"video forum" for poets, is now online . Careers are in jeopardy,
nerves are frayed and petty turf wars are fought.
"  As always, include your full mailing address.

We recently linked to David Bezmozgis's recollections of his friendship
with Leonard Michaels.

Home Land by Sam Lipsyte In his recent TEV guest review of Home Land,
Jim Ruland called Sam Lipsyte the "funniest writer of his generation,"
and we're quite inclined to agree.
The more you see here, the more we're procrastinating. one can forgive a
great deal. We tore through Home Land in two joyful sittings and can't
remember the last time we've laughed so hard.

The Dead Fish Museum: Stories by Charles D'Ambrosio   The best short
story collection we've read since . I must confess to not understanding
the apparent mystery behind this neglect. Moreover, a lot of people felt
that the books were coldhearted, and certainly no one could deny that
the male protagonists were often despicable, no matter how artfully
portrayed.

In untrained or unrestrained hands, a thesaurus can be dangerous. Lifted
out of the context of some of the magazine's worst twee excesses, the
interviews stand admirably on their own as largely thoughtful dialogues
on craft.
The familiar middle ground in treating these homely topics is almost
always the safest.

All true, perhaps, but, ah, the wonders of Lucky Jim .

He was fundamentally wrong about this. Treating his characters with both
affection and respect, Ferris takes us into a Chicago ad agency at the
onset of the dot-bomb.

Jones and ZZ Packer, and Adam Thirwell with Tom Stoppard make this
collection a must-read.

Jones and ZZ Packer, and Adam Thirwell with Tom Stoppard make this
collection a must-read.
Thanks to the generosity of FSG, we are pleased to offer both Sylvia and
The Collected Stories for this week's giveaway.

But Here is Where We Meet offers a wise, moving and poetic look at the
life of an artist traversing the European century from a novelist whose
talent remains undimmed in his twilight years. The Believer Book of
Writers Talking to Writers by Vendela Vida No, your eyes aren't
deceiving you and yes, we are recommending a Believer product.

Claire Bidwell Smith's award-winning Life In LA . The jokes come
trotting along at a steady rate wearing handy joke badges.